Barry University is a private, Catholic university located in Miami Shores, Florida. The university was founded in 1940 by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Wesley Park and was named after Mother Mary Cecilia Barry, one of the order’s founding members. The university is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) and offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate programs.
The admissions process at Barry University is designed to be comprehensive and holistic, taking into account a range of factors beyond just test scores and grades. The admissions team looks for students who will be a good fit for the university’s academic programs as well as its community.
In addition to looking at each applicant’s academic record, the admissions team also considers essays, recommendations, extracurricular activities, and other factors when making admission decisions.
If you’re interested in applying to Barry University, start by reviewing the admission requirements listed below. Keep in mind that meeting these requirements does not guarantee admission to the university; rather, they simply give you a better chance of being admitted. After you’ve reviewed the requirements, reach out to the admissions team with any questions you may have or to begin the application process.
To be eligible for admission to Barry University, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum high school GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- A minimum composite score of 18 on the ACT or 860 on the SAT
- Completion of a college-preparatory curriculum including four years of English and three years each of mathematics, natural science, and social science
- Submission of an official high school transcript and official scores from either the ACT or SAT
- An application fee of $40 for domestic applicants or $50 for international applicants
- For transfer students, a minimum cumulative college GPA of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale is required
Academic Programs and Offerings
- Barry University offers a wide variety of academic programs and degrees to choose from. Whether you’re looking for a traditional four-year degree or something more specialized, we have what you’re looking for.
- We offer a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs, as well as online and evening courses to fit your busy lifestyle. Our programs are designed to give you the skills and knowledge you need to succeed in your chosen field.
- We also offer a variety of student services and support, including tutoring, career counseling, and financial aid advising. Our goal is to help you succeed academically and professionally.
- If you have any questions about our academic programs or admissions requirements, please contact us. We’re here to help you every step of the way.
Tuition and Financial Aid Options
It is important to research all of your options for tuition and financial aid before making a decision on which college to attend. At Barry University, we offer a variety of options to make sure that our students are able to get the education they need without going into debt.
For those who are looking for an affordable option, we have a number of scholarships and grants available. We also offer payment plans so that you can spread out the cost of your education over time. If you are eligible for financial aid, we will work with you to make sure that you are getting the most from your benefits.
We understand that choosing a college is a big decision, and we want to make sure that you have all the information you need to make an informed choice. If you have any questions about our admission requirements or our tuition and financial aid options, please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here to help you every step of the way.
Student Life at Barry University
Barry University is committed to providing students with a well-rounded college experience. In addition to academic coursework, students can get involved in campus life through a variety of clubs and organizations. Barry University also offers a number of on-campus amenities, including a fitness center, library, and dining options.
Off-campus, students can take advantage of all that Miami has to offer. From the beaches to the nightlife, there is something for everyone in this vibrant city. Students can also find internships and jobs in Miami in a variety of industries.
The Barry University admission requirements are designed to ensure that students have the academic and personal skills necessary for success in college. The admissions process is competitive, and students are encouraged to apply early.
Barry University operates on a rolling admissions basis, meaning that applications are reviewed as they are received. Early action applicants will receive priority consideration for scholarships and financial aid. The university recommends that students submit their applications by December 1 for fall admission and April 1 for spring admission.
To apply to Barry University, students will need to submit the following:
- A completed application form
- Official high school transcripts or GED scores
- ACT or SAT scores (optional)
- An essay or personal statement
- Two letters of recommendation (optional)
- A non-refundable application fee of $30
Once all materials have been received, the Office of Admissions will review the application and make a decision. Applicants will be notified of the admissions decision via mail.
In conclusion, the admission requirements of Barry University can be a bit intimidating to tackle on your own. However, understanding what is required and how to meet these standards can make the application process much smoother. From standardized tests to essays and letters of recommendation, there are many components that go into a successful application for admission at Barry University.
With a comprehensive overview like this one, you can feel confident when submitting your materials that you have taken all the necessary steps toward becoming an accepted student at this esteemed institution.