Apply for Truman State University, is a highly selective public liberal arts and sciences university located in Kirksville, Missouri. Truman has an enrollment of around 6,000 students in undergraduate and graduate programs.
Recent Released: Coursicle: Schedule Maker, WM, VT, UVA, Emory, and GWU
Known for its rigorous academics and nationally-ranked value, Truman State has an acceptance rate of around 50%. To have the best chance of being admitted, prospective students need to follow the application instructions carefully and submit a strong application.
Apply For Truman State University can be an intimidating process. There are many steps and it’s important to understand what Truman is looking for in potential students. This article will walk through the Truman application requirements and provide tips for submitting a competitive application.
- Truman admission requirements
- How to apply
- Required documents
- Essays/personal statement
- Transfer and international student requirements
- Contact information for questions
Following these steps will ensure your application is complete for apply For Truman State University. Taking time on your essays and demonstrating fit with Truman will help strengthen your overall application.
Apply For Truman State University Admission Requirements
Truman has rigorous admission standards and evaluates applicants holistically based on several factors. Here are the key requirements:
- GPA: Truman does not publish an exact GPA cut-off, but admitted students typically have a high school GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Standardized Test Scores: SAT or ACT scores in the top 25th percentile will make you a strong applicant. The middle 50% SAT score range for admitted students is 1160-1360 and ACT scores are 24-30. Scores are optional for 2022-2023 applicants.
- Coursework: Truman requires 4 years of English, 3 years of math, science, and social studies, and 2 years of foreign language. Honors, AP, IB, and college-level courses are recommended.
- Class Rank: Most successful applicants rank in the top quarter of their graduating class.
- Leadership experience, community involvement, work history, and extracurricular activities are evaluated to assess contributions you can make to the campus community.
- Your personal essay and letters of recommendation should highlight unique qualities, motivation and fit for Truman’s rigorous academics.
Truman has different application deadlines depending on your enrollment plans:
- Fall First-Year: November 1 Early Action; February 1 Regular Decision
- Fall Transfer: Rolling admissions, apply by May 1 for best aid consideration
- Spring Entry: November 1
Meeting the deadlines is important for admission and scholarship consideration.
How to Apply to Truman State [Apply For Truman State University]
Truman offers a simple online application for admission.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Go to the Truman admissions website and click “Apply Now.”
- Create an account to start your application.
- Select first-year or transfer application. There is no application fee.
- Fill out all sections of the application for your academics, activities, testing plans, etc.
- Double check that all required fields are complete before submitting.
- You can save your work and come back to finish if needed.
- Once submitted, you’ll receive login information to track your application status.
The online system makes it easy to apply to Truman State. Be sure to submit all required documents by the deadlines.
Required Documents for Your Application
Along with the application form, Truman requires additional documents to complete your application:
- Official high school transcript: Have your guidance counselor send directly to Truman.
- Test scores: Send official SAT or ACT scores through the testing agency if scores are being considered.
- Letters of Recommendation: Truman requires one letter from a teacher. Additional letters are optional.
- Essay: The personal essay is a very important part of your application (see next section).
- Mid-Year Report: First year applicants must submit fall semester senior grades for review.
Transfer students also need to submit official college transcripts from all schools attended. Following instructions for sending testing and transcripts ensures they arrive promptly for your application review.
Apply For Truman State University Application Essays
The personal essay is a crucial part of the application where you can show your personality, interests, and writing skills.
Truman provides four essay prompts you can choose from, with a 500-650 word limit:
- Discuss an accomplishment, event, or realization that sparked personal growth.
- Describe a topic or idea that interests you, and how you plan to explore it at Truman.
- Discuss a book, movie, song, or other work of art that impacted you. Why is it meaningful to you?
- Evaluate a significant experience, achievement, risk, or ethical dilemma you have faced and its impact on you.
Brainstorm ideas and create an outline before writing. Show rather than tell by including specific details and examples. Proofread carefully and ask others to review before submitting your best work.
A strong essay conveys your personality, values, and how you are a good fit for Truman’s community. Admissions officers learn a great deal about you from your writing.
Truman requires one letter from a core subject teacher who can speak to your academic abilities and potential. Letters from additional teachers or mentors are optional but recommended.
Give letter writers at least two weeks’ notice and provide some background on your interests and goals. Waiving your right to view the letters often adds more credibility. Follow up to ensure letters are submitted by the deadline.
Interviews are an optional part of the Truman application process. You can schedule an on-campus or alumni interview through the admissions office. Interviews demonstrate interest and let you make a personal connection.
Come prepared to discuss activities, interests, and goals and why you are a great match for Truman. Dress professionally and bring a list of questions for your interviewer. Send a thank you note after your interview.
Requirements for Transfer and International Applicants
Students applying as transfers follow the same process but have a rolling admissions policy.
International students have some additional requirements:
- Language proficiency: International applicants must demonstrate English proficiency through TOEFL or IELTS test scores if English is not their first language.
- Transcripts: College transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must be evaluated by an approved agency.
- Financial documents: International students must submit bank statements and other proof of ability to cover educational costs.
Connect with Truman’s international admissions office for guidance on requirements for international students.
Contacting the Truman Admissions Office
The Truman State University Office of Admission is available to answer any questions you have about the application process:
|Address: 100 E. Normal Kirksville, MO 63501|
The admissions team can help explain requirements, upcoming deadlines, or other parts of the application process. Reach out for support applying to Truman State!
Applying to a selective school like Truman State University takes advance planning and attention to detail. Following the step-by-step process outlined here will set you up for success.
Give yourself plenty of time to submit required documents and polish your essays. Stay organized with deadlines and put your best foot forward in every part of the application. With a thoughtful, accurate application, you’ll boost your chances of admission to this outstanding public liberal arts school. Best of luck with your Apply For Truman State University application!