Attending Louisiana State University opens up an exciting opportunity for students – gaining access to coveted tickets for LSU Tigers athletic events. As one of the most dominant athletic programs in the NCAA, LSU games frequently sell out. Fortunately, as an LSU student, you have an advantage in getting into these epic events. This guide will walk you through everything you need to know about getting LSU student tickets.
How to Get LSU Student Tickets
The key to scoring LSU student tickets is acting fast when they become available.
Here are the key steps:
- Set up your student ticket account on LSUsports.net. You’ll need to provide your LSU email address and set a password.
- Mark your calendar for when student tickets go on sale. This varies by sport but is typically a few months before the season starts.
- Log in right when tickets go on sale to request yours. Tickets are first come, first served so you’ll want to request them ASAP.
- If you get a ticket, hooray! Your request will show as “approved” in your account.
- Pick up your ticket before the event by visiting the LSU Ticket Office during business hours. You’ll need to show your LSU ID.
Planning ahead is crucial, as the most popular events like football games will sell out in minutes or hours. But if you act quickly, you should have success getting student tickets.
LSU Football Tickets
SEC football reigns supreme in the South, and LSU is consistently one of the top programs in the conference. Tiger Stadium becomes a legendary sea of purple and gold during home games.
For the 2023 season, LSU offered student football ticket packages:
- 7 home game package: $84
- 6 home game package (no Texas A&M game): $69
There is also a $15 processing fee.
Individual game tickets are not available for students. You must purchase a package.
Tickets went on sale in August 2022 and sold out rapidly. Keep the on-sale date in mind for 2024!
LSU basketball has surged in popularity after their run to the Final Four in 2006. The Pete Maravich Assembly Center gets loud and proud when the Tigers take the court.
Student basketball tickets are available for free on a single game basis. Tickets are available for pickup five days before each game, right until tip-off if any remain.
Big conference matchups like Kentucky or Alabama will go fast. But even if the main student section is full, overflow seating is often available.
Women’s basketball is also free for students. The Lady Tigers are often nationally ranked and put on an exciting show.
Down in baton rouge, springtime means two things: crawfish boils and baseball at Alex Box Stadium. The Tigers are a perennial contender in the competitive SEC.
Student tickets for baseball are $84 for the season. Single game tickets are not available. Tickets go on sale each January for SEC games only.
The outfield bleacher section is reserved for students. It’s a fun atmosphere out there with the band pumping up the crowd.
Obtaining the Tickets
Once your ticket request is approved, you need to complete one more step – pick up your physical ticket. This is required for entry to the event.
Tickets must be picked up at the LSU Athletic Ticket Office during regular business hours. You’ll need to show your valid LSU student ID.
The Ticket Office is located at:
- Athletic Ticket Office
South End Zone Complex
Baton Rouge, LA 70803
Don’t wait until the last minute to pick up your tickets or you may end up in a long line on game day.
You can also reprint tickets if needed from any ticket kiosk around campus. Just reload your account and scan your ID.
Using Mobile Tickets
LSU now offers mobile ticketing as an alternative to printed tickets. When you request student tickets, you can choose “Mobile Delivery.”
The ticket barcode will be emailed to you instead of printing a paper ticket. When you get to the stadium, open your email and have the barcode scanned from your phone screen.
Mobile ticketing allows contactless entry into venues. It also eliminates the need to stand in line for printing.
However, you won’t have a souvenir printed ticket for collection. So printed tickets remain popular with many fans.
Tips for Getting Good Seats
LSU has over 30,000 students vying for seats at the big games.
Here are some insider tips for scoring prime spots:
- Arrive early – The student gates open 1.5-2 hours before kickoff or tip-off. The earlier you arrive, the better your seat selection.
- Sit lower – The student sections have general admission seating. The lower rows fill up fastest since everyone wants to be close to the action.
- Find the reserves – If the main student section is packed, look for the reserve or overflow sections. There are often unused seats there.
- Check all gates – Oftentimes certain entrance gates are less crowded than others. Walk around the stadium and find the shortest line.
- Download the app – The LSU Tigers app provides real-time alerts on gate wait times and seat availability. Use it to scout less crowded gates.
FAQ on LSU Student Tickets
Here are answers to some frequently asked questions about getting LSU student tickets:
How much do LSU student tickets cost?
- Football season ticket packages are $84 for 7 games or $69 for 6 games. Individual game tickets are not available.
- Basketball tickets are free for students. Just request and pickup before each game.
- Baseball season tickets are $84.
When do tickets go on sale?
- Football tickets go on sale in August each year. Other sports go on sale just ahead of each season.
Can I buy guest tickets?
- A limited number of guest passes may be available for $20-40 on a single game basis. Availability varies by game.
Can I resell my ticket if I can’t attend?
No, student tickets are non-transferable. Do not sell or give away your ticket if you can’t go.
What if I lost my printed ticket?
You can reprint your ticket from kiosks around campus as long as you have your LSU ID.
What if my ticket request got denied?
Join the waitlist in your account. You may get approved later if seats open up due to cancellations.
Taking part in LSU gamedays is a rite of passage for every student. Following this guide will help you get your hands on those coveted student tickets. Even when playing top-tier opponents, the Tigers feed off their home field advantage fueled by the student section. So get your tickets early, practice your cheers, and get ready to Geaux Tigers!