MyNEVADA is the online student portal used by the University of Nevada, Reno to provide access to student records, course registration, and online learning platforms. Securing login and accessing courses through MyNEVADA is critical for students to fully utilize the university’s academic resources.
Recent Released: TSU Blackboard: Portal, Email, Outlook, App, & Class Schedule
This article will provide a step-by-step guide on how students can activate their MyNEVADA user account, log in securely, enroll in classes, access online courses, verify their identity for online classes, and utilize WebCampus – the university’s online learning management system. Following proper login and access procedures will enable students to get the most out of their MyNEVADA experience.
Activate Your MyNEVADA User Account
Before you can access any features on MyNEVADA, you first need to activate your user account. Here is how to activate your MyNEVADA user account:
- Go to the MyNEVADA User Account Activation page. You can find the link to this page on the University of Nevada, Reno’s Information Technology website.
- On the activation page, log in using your NSHE ID. Your NSHE ID is your student ID number.
- Read through the account activation instructions carefully and complete all required steps. This generally involves setting a NetID username and password.
- Make sure to choose a strong password for your NetID by including upper and lowercase letters, numbers, and special characters.
- Write down your NetID username and password and keep it in a safe place. You will need it whenever you log in to MyNEVADA.
Activating your user account properly is the first step to securing access to MyNEVADA. Once your account is activated, you can start using your NetID to log in and access student resources.
Log In Securely to MyNEVADA
To log in to MyNEVADA:
- Go to the MyNEVADA login page. You can find the link to the login page on the University of Nevada, Reno’s MyNEVADA website.
- Enter your NetID username and password on the login page.
- If you have multi-factor authentication enabled, you may need to enter a code sent to your registered mobile phone or email.
- Read any security prompts carefully before granting account access or permissions.
- Look for the padlock or “https” in the website URL, which indicates you are on a secure connection.
Here are some tips for logging in securely:
- Do not use public or shared devices to access MyNEVADA. Use a personal and trusted device.
- Check the URL to ensure you are on a legitimate University of Nevada, Reno website.
- Do not store your NetID login details on any device.
- Change your password regularly and use a unique password just for your NetID.
Following secure login procedures helps protect your account from unauthorized access.
Enroll in Classes on MyNEVADA
One of the key features of MyNEVADA is for students to enroll in classes.
Here is how you can use MyNEVADA to enroll in classes:
- After logging in, click on “Register for Classes” under Academic Records.
- On the Enrollment page, select the appropriate term from the drop-down menu for the semester you want to enroll in.
- Click “Search for Classes” and you can search for classes using keywords, course codes, days, times, locations, etc.
- Browse classes and click “Add” next to the ones you want to enroll in. These are added to your Shopping Cart.
- When finished adding classes, go to your Shopping Cart and click “Proceed to Step 2 of Registration”.
- Complete any required steps to finalize enrollment.
If you need help enrolling in classes, refer to the University Registrar’s enrollment help guides or contact your academic advisor. Properly enrolling will ensure you are registered for the right classes.
Access Online Classes through MyNEVADA
For students taking online courses, you can access your online classes through MyNEVADA in the following ways:
- After enrolling in a class, find it listed under your Current Schedule. Online classes will be labeled as “Internet” for the location.
- Click the class name to go to the Canvas course site for your online class. Here you can find syllabi, assignments, lectures, quizzes, and other course content.
- Use the WebCampus tile on the MyNEVADA homepage to access all your online Canvas course sites.
The University of Nevada, Reno’s Office of Digital Learning provides resources and how-to guides for students taking online classes. Their Canvas Student Orientation course teaches you how to use Canvas for online learning.
Properly accessing your online classes enables you to find course content, participate in discussions, submit assignments, take quizzes, communicate with your instructor, and fully engage in online learning.
Verify Your Identity for Online Classes
To uphold academic integrity, some online classes may require identity verification.
Here are some methods instructors may use:
- Scheduling a one-on-one online meeting with students via Zoom or Microsoft Teams prior to exams to visually verify student IDs.
- Using Proctorio, an online proctoring service that uses video, audio, and screen monitoring to confirm student identity during exams.
- Requiring students to answer uniquely identifying questions at the start of exams.
- Using other university-approved identity verification services.
If any special equipment, such as a webcam or microphone, is required for identity verification, instructors should provide notice of this via MyNEVADA and the course syllabus.
Going through proper identity verification procedures for online classes protects academic integrity and ensures students complete assessments ethically.
Access WebCampus for Online Learning
WebCampus is the University of Nevada, Reno’s official online Learning Management System based on Canvas.
You can access WebCampus using your NetID login details:
- Go to the WebCampus login page through MyNEVADA or directly via webcampus.nevada.edu.
- Log in with your NetID username and password.
- You will see dashboard tiles for each of your Canvas course sites. Click any tile to enter that class site.
- Use the Courses menu on the left navigation to switch between your enrolled class sites in WebCampus.
WebCampus enables you to engage in online discussions, access course materials, submit assignments, take assessments, check grades, communicate with instructors, and more.
Properly accessing WebCampus allows students to fully participate in online courses and take advantage of the university’s learning management system.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I reset my NetID password?
If you forget your NetID password, you can reset it at the University of Nevada, Reno’s NetID Management page. You will need to provide your NetID username and answer security questions to reset your password.
What if I’m locked out of MyNEVADA?
If your account is temporarily locked after too many failed login attempts, contact the University IT Help Desk. They can unlock your account after verifying your identity.
Is two-factor authentication required for MyNEVADA?
Two-factor authentication is recommended but optional for added login security. You can enable it through your NetID Management page.
Can I use a mobile app to access MyNEVADA?
Yes, the University of Nevada, Reno provides a mobile app called UNR Mobile which allows access to MyNEVADA features and other university resources. Download it from the App Store or Google Play.
How do I get IT help with MyNEVADA access?
You can contact the University IT Help Desk via phone, email, chat, or in person if you need technical assistance related to MyNEVADA login, access issues, or using online learning systems.
MyNEVADA provides University of Nevada, Reno students with access to critical academic services and enables online learning. By properly activating their account, logging in securely, enrolling in courses, verifying identity, and accessing WebCampus – students can fully utilize MyNEVADA to progress in their education. Following the best practices outlined in this article will help students gain the knowledge and skills needed to be successful both in the classroom and beyond.