Oral Roberts University is a comprehensive research university located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, with an enrollment of over 3,000 students. The university was founded in 1963 by evangelist Oral Roberts and is affiliated with the Pentecostal Holiness Church. The university offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs, including business, education, engineering, nursing, and theology.
ORU is committed to providing a quality education that integrates faith and learning. The university offers small class sizes, personal attention from faculty, and opportunities for hands-on experience. ORU also has a strong focus on global outreach and offers students the opportunity to study abroad.
Applying to ORU is easy! Simply complete the online application and submit your transcripts. You’ll also need to submit a personal essay and letters of recommendation. Once your application is complete, you’ll be contacted for an interview.
We hope this introduction to Oral Roberts University has been helpful! For more information about admission requirements and how to apply, please visit our website or contact our admissions office.
Overview of the Admissions Process
Oral Roberts University (ORU) is a private, faith-based university located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. ORU was founded in 1963 by Oral Roberts, who believed that education should be “holistic,” meaning it should encompass the mind, body, and spirit. The university’s admissions process reflects this commitment to wholeness, as it considers not only an applicant’s academic record but also their personal character and spiritual life.
ORU is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and offers both undergraduate and graduate degrees. The most popular majors at ORU are business, engineering, nursing, and psychology. Admission to ORU is competitive; for the fall 2020 semester, the university received over 11,000 applications but only admitted about 3,000 students.
To apply to ORU as an undergraduate student, you will need to submit an application form (available on the university website), official high school transcripts, SAT or ACT scores, and a personal essay. You will also need to arrange for two letters of recommendation from adults who can speak to your character and abilities.
Once your application is complete, it will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee. If you are accepted to ORU, you will be asked to submit a non-refundable deposit of $200 in order to secure your spot in the incoming class.
The graduate admissions process is similar to that of other universities; you will need to submit an application form (available on the university website), official transcripts
Admissions Requirements and Deadlines
Oral Roberts University is a private, four-year university located in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Founded in 1963, the school is named after its founder, evangelist Oral Roberts. The university has an enrollment of over 4,000 students representing all 50 states and over 60 countries.
To be considered for admission to Oral Roberts University, students must submit an application form along with their high school transcripts and SAT or ACT scores. The deadline for submitting these materials is December 1st. International students must also submit a TOEFL score.
Once your application has been received and reviewed, you will be notified of your admission decision. If you are admitted to ORU, you will need to confirm your enrollment by May 1st by submitting a tuition deposit.
How to Prepare for the Application Process?
If you’re interested in attending Oral Roberts University, the first step is to fill out an application. The admissions process is designed to help the university get to know you as a person, and to determine if ORU is the right fit for your educational needs. Here are some tips to help you prepare for the ORU application process:
- Start by gathering all of the necessary materials. In order to complete your application, you’ll need transcripts from your high school or previous college (if applicable), a list of extracurricular activities and leadership positions, SAT or ACT scores, and a personal essay.
- Take your time filling out the application. Be sure to answer all questions truthfully and thoughtfully. This is your opportunity to give the admissions committee a sense of who you are as a person, so put your best foot forward!
- Request letters of recommendation from teachers, coaches, or other adults who can speak to your character and academic abilities. These letters can be submitted electronically through the ORU website or sent directly to the admissions office.
- Once you’ve submitted your completed application, be sure to check your email regularly for updates from the university. The admissions committee will notify you of their decision via email, so it’s important to stay on top of things throughout the process.
Following these steps will help ensure that you have a smooth and successful experience during the Oral Roberts University admission process!
Tips for a Successful Application
- Start your application early to give yourself plenty of time to complete it.
- Make sure you understand the requirements for admission and gather all the necessary materials before beginning your application.
- Pay close attention to the essay questions and be sure to answer them fully and thoughtfully.
- Be honest and forthright in your responses, and be sure to present yourself in the best possible light.
- Have someone else review your application before you submit it to catch any mistakes or errors.
- Submit your application well in advance of the deadline to ensure it is processed in a timely manner.
- Follow up with the admissions office after you submit your application to make sure they have received everything they need from you.
Financial Aid and Scholarships Available
Oral Roberts University is committed to helping students finance their education. There are many financial aid and scholarship opportunities available to students who qualify.
To be eligible for financial aid, students must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA can be found online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. Once the FAFSA has been completed, students will receive a Student Aid Report (SAR) which will provide information on how much financial aid they are eligible to receive.
Oral Roberts University offers scholarships to students based on academic merit, need, and other criteria. Scholarships are awarded by the Office of Admissions and are renewable each year as long as the student meets the renewal criteria. For more information on scholarship
Campus Visit Options
Oral Roberts University offers campus tours Monday-Friday at 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. Saturdays tours are available at 10:00 am. To sign up for a tour, fill out the form on this page.
If you can’t make it to one of our scheduled campus tours, we also offer group visits for high school or college groups of 10 or more students. Group visits must be scheduled at least two weeks in advance by filling out this form.
We hope that this article has provided you with a comprehensive overview of the steps involved in becoming an Oral Roberts University Golden Eagle. From completing your application form to deciding which classes to take, each of these steps is important and will help you make the most out of your college experience at ORU. As long as you stay organized and dedicated throughout the process, there’s no reason why you won’t be accepted into one of America’s top universities! Good luck!