Tarleton State University, located in Stephenville, Texas, is a public university that is part of the Texas A&M University System. The university was founded in 1899 as a private institution and became a state institution in 1917. Tarleton offers more than 100 undergraduate and graduate degree programs through its six colleges.
The university has an enrollment of over 13,000 students, with approximately 7,500 of those students being undergraduates. The student-to-faculty ratio at Tarleton is 20 to 1, and the average class size is 28 students. Tarleton State University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges.
Tarleton State University’s main campus is located just outside of Stephenville, Texas. The city of Stephenville has a population of approximately 18,000 people and is located about 90 miles southwest of Fort Worth.
- To be eligible for admission to Tarleton State University, prospective students must submit an application, transcripts, and test scores.
- Tarleton State University requires all applicants to submit an application, transcripts, and test scores. The admissions process is competitive, and the university looks at a variety of factors when making admissions decisions.
- Test scores are not required for admission to Tarleton State University; however, they may be considered part of the admissions process. Prospective students who have high test scores may be more likely to be admitted than those with lower scores.
- Tarleton State University does not have a minimum GPA requirement for admission; however, the university does consider GPA when making admissions decisions. A strong academic record is important for admission to Tarleton State University.
- In order to be considered for admission to Tarleton State University, prospective students must submit an application, transcripts, and test scores. The admissions process is competitive, and the university looks at a variety of factors when making admissions decisions.
- Test scores are not required for admission; however, they may be considered as part of the admissions process. A strong academic record is important for admission to Tarleton State University
Academic & Extracurricular Opportunities at TSU
Tarleton State University offers its students a well-rounded education, with plenty of opportunities to get involved on campus and in the community. The university offers over 140-degree programs, so students can find a program that fits their interests and career goals.
In addition to academic coursework, Tarleton State University offers extracurricular activities and organizations that allow students to get involved on campus and in the community. These activities and organizations include but are not limited to:
- Student Government Association
- Interfraternity Council
- National Pan-Hellenic Council
- Residence Hall Association
- Campus Activities Board
- Intramural Sports
- Clubs and Organizations
- Community Service Opportunities
Tuition & Financial Aid Overview
Tuition at Tarleton State University is relatively affordable compared to other colleges and universities. The average cost of tuition and fees for in-state students is $8,660 per year, while the average cost for out-of-state students is $20,194 per year.
Financial aid is available to help offset the cost of tuition and other expenses related to attending college. Students can apply for financial aid by completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA must be completed every year in order to be considered for financial aid.
Tarleton State University offers a variety of scholarships to help students pay for college. Scholarships are awarded based on academic merit, financial need, or other criteria set by the scholarship provider. Students can apply for scholarships by completing the online scholarship application.
Application Process and Tips
The process for admission to Tarleton State University (TSU) is relatively straightforward. However, there are a few things that prospective students should keep in mind in order to increase their chances of being admitted.
First and foremost, it is important to submit all required application materials on time. TSU has a rolling admissions policy, meaning that applications are reviewed as they are received. The sooner your application is complete, the better your chances of being admitted.
In addition to submitting all required materials, it is also important to have strong grades and test scores. TSU does consider both when making admissions decisions. However, grades and test scores are not the only factors that are considered.
The admissions committee also looks at the applicant’s essay, letters of recommendation, and extracurricular activities.
It is important to remember that the admissions process is competitive. Every year, TSU receives more applications than it can accommodate. As such, not every applicant will be admitted. Prospective students who follow the tips above will improve their chances of being admitted to TSU.
Campus Life at TSU
- Tarleton State University is a public university located in Stephenville, Texas. The university is a member of the Texas A&M University System and offers more than 100-degree programs. The campus life at Tarleton State University is based on the traditional college experience with a variety of activities and organizations available to students.
- The student population at Tarleton State University is approximately 9,000, which creates a close-knit community feel on campus. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved in campus life, whether it’s through joining a club or participating in intramural sports. For those looking for a more social scene, there are plenty of off-campus options as well, such as bars and restaurants in Stephenville.
- Academically, Tarleton State University offers rigorous programs that prepare students for successful careers after graduation. The faculty members are experienced professionals who are dedicated to teaching and helping students succeed. Many resources are also available to students, such as tutoring services and academic advising.
- Tarleton State University provides a well-rounded college experience that helps students grow academically and socially. If you’re looking for a school where you can get involved and make lasting memories, Tarleton State University is the place for you!
Tarleton State University offers an enriching academic experience for prospective students. From the many student organizations to faculty support, there are plenty of opportunities available to enhance your college career and develop into a successful professional.
With its excellent academic offerings and vibrant campus life, Tarleton provides an incredible opportunity that any student would be lucky to take advantage of. We hope this guide has been useful in helping you learn more about Tarleton’s admissions process so you can decide if it is the right school for you!