Are you considering attending Texas Southern University? Congratulations on taking the first step toward pursuing higher education! Whether you’re a high school graduate or looking to transfer, making the decision to further your academic journey can be both exciting and nerve-wracking.
But don’t worry – we’ve got you covered. In this blog post, we’ll provide all the information you need to know about Texas Southern University’s admission process, from application requirements to important deadlines. So grab a cup of coffee and let’s get started!
TSU offers over 100 undergraduate and graduate programs through its eight colleges and schools including Business, Education, Liberal Arts & Social Sciences, Public Affairs & Administration, Science & Technology, Law, Nursing & Allied Health Sciences, and Pharmacy & Health Sciences.
The average SAT score for incoming freshmen is 950-1150. The average ACT score is 17-23. The middle 50% of students scored between 860-1070 on the SAT and 19-26 on the ACT.
To be eligible for admission to TSU, you must:
- Be a high school graduate or have completed the GED;
- Have earned at least 24 semester credit hours or 36 quarter credit hours of acceptable college coursework;
- Present evidence of good standing (a “C” or above) from each college or university previously attended;
- Present an official high school transcript and/or GED certificate;
- Submit official transcripts from each college or university previously attended;
- Submit an application for admission with the $40 non-refundable processing fee ($50 for international applicants).
Requirements for Admission
In order to be considered for admission to Texas Southern University, you must meet the following requirements:
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- You must have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale.
- You must submit SAT or ACT scores.
- You must submit an application fee of $40.00.
If you meet all of the above requirements, you will be considered for admission to Texas Southern University.
If you’re looking to apply to Texas Southern University, here’s what you need to know:
The application process for Texas Southern University is relatively simple. All you need to do is fill out the online application and submit your transcripts. However, there are a few things to keep in mind that will make the process go smoothly.
First, be sure to complete the entire application. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Second, make sure your transcripts are sent from your previous school or institution. Unofficial transcripts will not be accepted. Pay close attention to deadlines. Late applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
If you follow these simple guidelines, the application process should be a breeze. Good luck!
Helpful Tips for the Admissions Process
The admissions process can be a daunting task, but we’re here to help! Below are some helpful tips to make the process a little easier.
- Start early! The sooner you start the process, the better. This will give you plenty of time to gather all the necessary materials and fill out any forms.
- Be organized. Keep track of deadlines and requirements for each school you’re applying to. This will help ensure that you don’t miss anything important.
- Don’t procrastinate. It can be tempting to put off certain parts of the admissions process but try to avoid this if possible. The sooner you get everything done, the less stress you’ll feel.
- Ask for help if you need it. There’s no shame in asking for help from family, friends, or your school’s guidance counselor. They can offer valuable advice and support throughout the process.
All in all, Texas Southern University is a great option for those looking to further their education and gain the skills needed to succeed. With its strong faculty, diverse student body, and numerous resources available both on campus and online, this university offers an excellent learning experience that can help prepare students for their future endeavors. Whether you are looking for an opportunity to pursue a degree or simply want to be part of a vibrant academic community, there is plenty to love about TSU!